Driver's License: www.state.tn.us
- 624 Hart Lane – 615-532-9780
- 6604 Centennial Blvd – 615-741-4560
- 1601 Murfreesboro Rd (express – no testing) – 615-741-2541
Automobile Registration: www.nashville.gov/cclerk/vehicles.htm
- For locations of Emissions Testing call – 615-399-8995
- For County Clerk's Office call – 615-862-6050
Boat Registration: www.nashville.gov/clerk
- Applications are at the County Clerk's Office, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources
- Agency – 615-781-6585
Voter Registration: www.nashville.org/vote
- For registration questions call – 615-862-8800
All dogs in Davidson County must be licenses and seen by a veterinarian for yearly shots and tags.
- Metro Animal Services – 615-862-7928
- Emergency Pet Clinic – 615-383-2600
Hunting and Fishing License: www.state.tn.us/twra./fish/GenLiclicinfo.htm
All persons EXCEPT those listed below are required to purchase a license to fish and/or hunt.
- Fishing: under the age of 16
- Hunting: under the age of 16 mush purchase a Junior Hunting License
Marriage License: www.nashsville.gov/cclerk/marriage.htm
Compare Nashville Zip Codes: www.zipskinny.com
Nashville Parks & Recreations: www.nashville.gov/parks/
Nashville's Local Restaurants: www.nashvilleoriginals.com
Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau: www.visitmusiccity.com
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce: www.nashvillechamber.com
- Nashville Electric Service – 615-736-6900
- Piedmont Gas – 615-734-0665
- Metro Water Services – 615-862-4600
- AT&T Residential: 615-557-6500
- Business: 615-557-6000
- ComCast – 615-244-5900
More Relocation Questions go to: www.nashvillechamber.com/relocation.newresident.htm
Nashville Tax Information
There is a 9.5% sales tax on all items purchased within the state with a local option of an additional 1-2.75% depending on the item purchased (ex. Food, Alcohol)
- Personal Income Tax – There is no tax on salaries and wages. Certain interest dividends are taxed at a rate of 4% or 6%
- Corporate Excise Tax – There is a 6% tax on net earnings
- Franchise Tax – This tax is $25 per $100, or faction thereof, of the issued and outstanding capital stock surplus and undivided profits; the minimum is $10.
- Unemployment Compensation Tax – .15% to 10% of the first $7,000 of wages paid to each employee in the calendar year. New employees 2.7% other than construction and mining.
- Local Sales Receipts Tax – This tax varies from 1/7 of 1% to 1/60 of 1%. It exempts manufacturers and certain professionals.
- Inventory Tax – There are no taxes on finished goods inventory.
Real Property Tax
- The tax rate per $100 assessed valuation (25% of appraisal) on the property located within the Urban Services District is $4.81.
- General Services District rate is $3.64
- For full information, call the Assessor of Property at 615-862-6080