Position Title: Managing Broker
Scout Properties, 2017 Small Business of the Year according to the Nashville Business Journal, is looking to hire a Managing Broker. Scout is here to reinvent the real estate industry and how it works. We want you to join us in blazing that trail. We are currently experiencing rapid growth; and to keep up with our increasing number of agents and ongoing training initiatives, we are searching for the right candidate who will make a positive impact in the lives of our agents.
Read more about this job
We are seeking a real estate professional who can utilize their experience, talents, and passions to inspire, manage, and lead a team of 40+ determined realtors. The managing broker will provide professional guidance and support, coordinate training opportunities, and work with agents to set and meet both sales and career goals.
The managing broker needs to be someone who has a minimum of 3 years experience and either has their Brokers license or is willing to get it. We want a selfless leader who can intentionally invest in others, who can bring experience and energy to our culture, and one who can bring a fresh perspective to the real estate industry.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Maintain Scout & agent compliance with TREC & GNAR
- You will onboard new agents and hold them accountable to the 90 plan
- Hold Scout mentors accountable to their process and goals
- Train new agents on forms, definitions, and compliance
- You will be the main point of contact for all agent contractual questions
- Communicate TREC changes and GNAR events, education schedule, involvement, & awards
- Review each closed transaction and keep files accountable
- Handle all conflict resolutions with other agents and brokers
- Develop content for Scout
- Be a leader on the Scout leadership team: planning & executing the vision
- Mentor agents
- Recruit and interview new agents
- Coach agents to be more productive
- Strategize and goal setting with agents: hold them accountable & track their progress
Type of Position:
- Must hold an active Tennessee Broker's License or be willing to get their Brokers License.
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills required.
- At least 3 years of Real Estate and market analysis experience required.
- History of exceptional client service and proven track record of success in sales.
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and grow a business.
- Demonstrated ability to help others grow their business with consultative leadership qualities.
- Proven self-starter and success working within a team environment.
- Demonstrate planning, management and P&L supervision.
- Adept with technology and understanding of real estate contracts and license law.
Position Title: Real Estate Agent
Scout Properties (2017 Nashville Business Journal, Small Business of the Year) was established to create solutions that reinvent the real estate industry. We innovate through our unique use of people, processes, and technology. Our culture is something we protect and celebrate. Here, we aim to increase the quality of life for our staff, agents, and clients by making their experience easy, efficient, and enjoyable. Our privately-owned (and gorgeous) office is located in the heart of the vibrant West End and Vanderbilt areas.
Read more about this job
At Scout, we empower agents to work in their strengths and passions by enabling them to leverage their weaknesses to expand their service capacity and cultivate a life that has deep meaning and fulfillment. Here are Scout's seven advantages for real estate agents:
- Financial - Scout's model enables agents to focus their time on dollar productive activities, which increases agents' transaction numbers, resulting in increased earnings.
- Freedom - Scout's structure promotes freedom for agents to maintain healthy work-life balance by enabling them to accomplish more work in less time, increasing their dollar per hour.
- Marketing - Scout provides marketing systems, personal branding, and company resources that produce leads for the agents and assists them to better serve their clients.
- Training - Scout's personal and professional training program develops agents into becoming their best self and equips them to add maximum value to others.
- People - Scout enables agents to work in their passions and strengths by leveraging their weaknesses and outsourcing nonessential work activities to our support team.
- Processes - Scout's processes and use of technology enable agents to execute transactions consistently and accurately, which decreases inefficiencies, increases service, and enhances their client's experience.
- Culture - Scout's culture is aligned with our core values, which creates a work environment that gives agents belonging, opportunity, and fulfillment.
Scout Properties is looking to hire a real estate agent who is teachable, self-motivated, determined, and has a passion to not only impact their clients' lives, but also lives of families across the world.
Scout trains each agent (new and experienced) on the Scout way. This material has been created through Jonathan's experience over the past 15 years. Here are a few things new agents have said about our most recent training course:
Going through this training as a new agent was invaluable. Each day, an insecurity of mine was squashed by the knowledge gained. I started the week feeling unsure of myself in this new career, but left empowered and confident. — Tom Young
Scout's training was very well done. It covered everything from basic to in-depth, and new information regarding the real estate industry. Beyond that, it was very individual growth focused, while at the same time showing the need to play a role in the team atmosphere that Scout cultivates. It's a great way to receive the tools needed to succeed, and also visualize and plan for the upcoming year. — Thomas Summers
Here is what life will look like as a real estate agent:
- Consult with clients on how to sell their home for the most amount of money in the least amount of time
- Be available to take clients on home tours and attend open houses
- Offer advice on how to market a home for sale to make it unique within the local real estate market
- Mediate all negotiations between sellers and buyers and communicate with fellow real estate agents to represent your clients
- Understand your local real estate market and be informed on recent home sales
- Host open houses and other events to build your business
- Educate clients on basic real estate procedures
- Determine clients' needs and financials abilities to propose solutions that suit them
- Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders and home inspectors
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices
- Previous experience in marketing, retail, customer service, sales, B2B sales, real estate, property management, or other customer/consumer centric related fields is a plus but not critical to our final candidate choice
- Prior job experience with date sensitive time frames
- Ability to build rapport and trust
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure contract clarity
- Proven track of successful sales record
- Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Pleasant and trustworthy
The right candidate should preferably have one or more of the following skills:
- The ability to be HIGHLY personable with clients
- A high level of discipline in regards to time management and short, medium and long-range planning
- The ability to prioritize tasks according to relevance and importance to the goal at hand
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- The ability to determine client needs quickly and efficiently
- The ability to learn quickly
If you're an agent that is searching for a real estate company who seeks to reinvent the real estate industry, you're looking in the right place! But there's a catch - we say no… a lot. As a company committed to our culture, we hire based on our nine core values and are very selective when it comes to the people we hire. We look forward to learning more about you and why you want to be a part of Scout!